Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting our craft on



Anyone I have talked to about crafts with my kids will know that my kids are not big crafters.  Much to my lament.  I don't think of myself as a very creative person but with so many good ideas online, who needs creativity?  I can follow step by step directions with the best of them.  However, my children are pretty resistant to anything that has to do with crafts.  They would much rather be shooting or destroying things rather than creating anything.  That is why I was pleasantly surprised that lately a few little crafty projects have gone well. 

This first picture is the result of a contest I announced with Austin and Christian - who could build the coolest lego ship with only one color of legos.  One of these is mine, one is Austin's.  I'll let you guess which is which.  Christian and Ezra made some too but their ships got destroyed before I could  take a picture.  I wouldn't classify this as a craft, but it was a fun little project.  Anyone who is a mom reading this I'm sure can understand the love/hate relationship I have with legos.


This was a marble painting project Christian and Ezra did but they didn't last very long at it.  I sort of had to make them finish.  Oh well.



Christian has been surprising me in that he has enjoyed sitting down to color.  I have never had a child that likes to color.  He actually finished a whole page or two and let me color with him.  He even stuck with it for 10-15 min.  I really enjoy those moments when my children are occupied with quiet activities.


This is one of Chrisitan's pages from school.  He has been really excited about learning to write letters, numbers, and simple words.

 ...but what I really loved was the doodling I found on the back.  He even wrote about me!



These are our "in-process" Christmas ornaments for this year.  I picked something very simple which would hopefully mean less headaches!  Ezra's penguins are what we are calling "penguins in the dark".

1 comment:

  1. What would be hilarious is a parallel post of a mom with 3 girls doing the same projects... :)

    ReplyDelete