Saturday, December 24, 2011

Some favorites...

These are some of my favorite things that are around our house right now. 

A favorite decoration that reminds me what this season is really about...



And a favorite non-religious decoration that the kids love...


Apparently Ezra needs a little more exposure to the real Christmas story, as his manger scene (below) is a little inappropriate...  (that's Mary in the stable alone with a wise man)


One of my favorite Christmas books that my mom bought for us a few years ago...


One of our family traditions that we had when I was growing up was to do one big puzzle over the Christmas vacation so I am trying to do that this year.  I am the only one working on it so far so it could be a whole winter project...

We are going to be celebrating Christmas with Tim's family on Christmas night.  We also get to go see his brother and sister-in-law and our niece and nephew today for some relaxed fun.  Our church is having a candlelight service tonight and no church tomorrow.  I am looking forward to all of that.    I am feeling much more in the Christmas mood after being able to stay home yesterday and let the kids play and do a little Christmas baking.  We made gingerbread men from scratch yesterday and I was able to make somy yummy snacks for our small group Bible study Christmas party that we had last night.  We are very blessed to have a wonderful group of 4 other couples that we have Bible study with once a week.  We had an awesome time with them last night at the party.  Without kids!!  I'm glad the shopping is done and now its time to relax and enjoy time with family and contemplate the birth of Christ, the real reason for the season...

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christams from our side of the world- at least this will be on time! Cards will be hand-carried next weekend by a friend back to the States and mailed. :)

    ReplyDelete