Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our last week in Michigan

We feel very fortunate that we could have a vacation in Michigan long enough to warrant two blog postings!  We went somewhere I've never been before...my sister-in-law's family has a cabin 3 hrs drive north of my parents on a lake called Starvation Lake.  Kind of a strange name but it was a beautiful place to visit.  Very relaxing.  There were tons of things to do.  We rode the quad bike/arv on some trails on state land.  We also were able to go out on the pontoon boat to swim/fish, and there was a speedboat for tubing.  One surprise of the weekend was that the boys were excited to play with badminton raquets.  They played badminton a little but then the game turned more into baseball.  Ezra used the raquets as a guitar and sang for us.  He got pretty comfortable and put on quite a show.  He is not my shy child.  My mom and aunt put together all the food for the weekend so it was more relaxing for me than a normal camping experience.  The cabin we stayed in had indoor plumbing and 2 bedrooms and a kitchen so we were not roughing it.  My parents and brother and sister in law were with us and we all had a lot of fun together.  We had picked up Tim in Detroit 2 days before.  So good to have him back with us again.  We also had a family picture session on Lake Michigan before we came back home.  Don't have the pictures back yet but hopefully I'll be able to post them somehow.



No comments:

Post a Comment