Thursday, September 15, 2011

1st day of school

Last week these 2 sweet boys started school. Austin started 3rd grade on Tues. I still have heard nothing from his teacher and its driving me a little crazy! He has not even brought home any papers or anything! This might just be the way it is as he gets into the older grades. I'm used to getting a letter from the teacher letting us know some things about the classroom and what to expect this year or a little about their schedule...something!...anything! Next week we have a curriculum night where we get to meet the teacher and hear a little about what they will be learning this year. I will definately be there! Austin of course does not say a lot when he comes home. I have learned not to ask questions because he never gives me much of an answer anyway. Often I get the most info from him voluntarily when I walk him to the bus stop in the mornings, or at other odd times of the day when something pops into his head. I think the beginning of the year is going well for him.

Christian was pretty excited about his first day of school, especially the bus ride.  I didn't even cry when I had to put him on the bus which surprised me.  I cried the day before thinking about it but the day of wasn't as bad as I expected.  I do miss him though...so does Ezra.  We have had some emotional drama at night this last week which I think is related to starting school but he continues to be excited this week when it comes time to get out the door and go to the bus.  He is in half day kindergarten in the afternoons.  His first day was even more exciting because there was an unexpected fire drill in the afternoon.  Apparently some piece of equipment malfunctioned and set off the alarm but there was no actual fire.  Christian didn't seem worried about it, his only comment was that "we had to stand out on the hot field for about an hour!"  I'm sure that was a bit of a dramatization but what else would we expect from our drama king!


No comments:

Post a Comment