Sunday, September 4, 2011

Last weeks of summer...

I feel like these last few weeks before school starts I am kind of in limbo.  Our weekly activities like school and church small group and soccer games haven't started up yet.  I know I am going to have to go back to substitute teaching soon.  The school supplies are bought and waiting in the closet.  This is not my favorite time of year.  I always feel in the summer that we are busy enough that I don't know how I make it through all the activities that we have to add in to our schedule during the school year...but somehow we always adjust and find a way to get it all done.  I am also one of those people who hate to see summer end because I love warm weather and sunshine.  Usually by the end of September I am still in denial that summer has ended.

 Christian had a kindergarten assessment this week and I was able to go with him to meet his teacher.  We really like her and got a good first impression.  It went about like I thought it would.  He is not really dreading school that I can tell but somewhat uncertain and nervous about it.  When we walked in his teacher greeted him enthusiastically and asked him if he is excited about school and he hesitated and then nodded his head.  But I was thinking he was only doing that because he didn't know what else to do and didn't want to answer the question!  He answered most of the questions she asked him with flying colors.  He is definately a beginning reader.  He can read 4-5 letter words and can sound out longer words with not much help.  He isn't really reading books by himself yet but he is practically there.  The teacher asked him to start at 1 and count as high as he could.  I kind of had to smile to myself because I know he can count to 1000 but he started counting and I could hear him (I was across the room) count to 5 and then as he kept going his voice got quieter and quieter until his mouth was still moving and counting but no sound was coming out.  He just got super shy!  Sweet boy. 

Soccer practices started this week. Ezra had his first ever practice and it was very cute. Pictures are below.



No comments:

Post a Comment