Monday, May 14, 2012

Tigers!

We went to a Seattle Mariners vs. Detroit Tigers game at Safeco Field last Tuesday night.  It was not raining!  It was quite cold though.  I had worked that day and was a little rushed getting out the door and did not pack for the cold.  It was ok, though, as long as the wind held off.  We got to see the best Tigers pitcher, Justin Verlander.  It was the only game of the series that Detroit won.  It even was a little exciting as the Mariners almost came back and won it in the bottom of the 9th.  I was a little embarrassed at the snacks I brought.  There was a family with 3 boys in front of us (and their youngest was named Ezra, and they used to live in Michigan too!) but that mom was pulling out apple slices, carrot sticks, etc for her kids.  I, on the other hand, was pulling out doritos, candy corn and licorice.  I will blame it on being rushed to get out the door to the game.  One night of candy will not kill the children I hope.  I do have to say one of the best parts of the game for me was seeing all the Michgan people at the game.  There were almost as many Tigers fans as Mariners fans there.  It was almost like a little reunion of sorts!  Tim was very gracious to do this outing since I have turned our children into Tigers fans and he is still a Mariners fan.  This game was an early Mother's Day present to me!  It was a great time but it wiped us out for the rest of the week since we didn't get the kids home until midnight! 



No comments:

Post a Comment