Friday, December 14, 2012

Ladies Christmas Tea at church

Our church has a wonderful event every Christmas for women.  Its just a fancy dinner and program.  Each table has a hostess who decorates the table with beautiful things and china, fancy silverware, and gifts for everyone.  Its nice to feel pampered for a night!  There are a group of men who dress up in white shirts and bow ties and act as servers.  I don't often get to do "girl" things so this was a treat for me.  I invited my friend Kelema to go with me.  She made me laugh as I picked her up.  Language barriers prevented me from being able to describe the event ahead of time and what dress was appropriate.  I know Kelema loves to dress up and she has some beautiful African dresses she wears to church.  When I got to her apartment she had on jeans and a casual shirt but through a conversation with one of her kids I was able to suggest she put on one of her "fancy" dresses.  She just giggled about that and seemed worried that we had enough time for her to change.  It was so cute to see her get giggly and silly.  She looked beautiful in the dress she chose and I think it was a special night for her too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment